Annual Photography Contest and Exhibition
Since 1991 our Contest and Exhibition, which is open to the public, has been the highlight of our club year
It has attracted photographers from as far away as central New Jersey.
- One "Best in Show" Photograph will receive a Cash Prize of $50.00.
- Two Awards of Excellence, $25.00 each.
- Four Honorable Mention Awards.
- One Peoples Choice Award.
Contest Rules and Guidelines:
- Contest is open to all, but subject matter must be in good taste.
- Photographs must be the work of the entrant. (subject to verification)
- Photographs may be either color or black & white.(no separate groups or awards for b&w or color)
- Due to display restrictions, matte size shall NOT exceed 20" X 24". (or 320 sq. inches overall)
- There is NO limit on the amount of entries.
- Photographs must be securely FRAMED & WIRED. Only "ready-to-hang" entries will be accepted. (View Hanging Requirements below)
- An entry fee of $5.00 ($4.00 Members) and a completed Entry Form must accompany each photograph.
- Checks should be payable to the West Milford Camera Club.
- Previous ribbon winning photographs may not be submitted again.
- No Entries will be accepted on the show date.
- Judges' Decisions are final.
- Entries must be picked up at the conclusion of the show.
- All photographs MUST be securely framed and wired.
- Only "ready to hang" entries will be accepted.
- Standard picture wire is recommended.
- Eyelets should be securely screwed in/attached to wooden frames.
- The use of eyelets on plastic frames is not recommended, as they will usually pull out of the frame. A spot of hot glue or epoxy may alleviate this.
- Please note that any hook or eyelet that pulls out of the frame will dis-qualify the entry and it will not be hung.
- The "saw-toothed" hanger (and anything similar) below will be rejected. Our pegboard display boards do not allow for this type of hanger.
- See other examples on the entry form.
Plain, in-expensive metal gallery type frames are available at local retailers like Micheal's or AC Moore.