Annual Photography Contest and Exhibition
Since 1991 our Contest and Exhibition, which is open to the public, has been the highlight of our club year. Held in November, it has attracted photographers from as far away as central New Jersey.
Contest Rules and Guidelines:
- Contest is open to all, but subject matter must be in good taste.
(appropriate for the church location)
- Photographs must be the work of the entrant. (subject to verification)
- Photographs may be either color or black & white.
(no separate groups or awards for b&w or color)
- Due to display restrictions, matte size shall NOT exceed 20" X 24".
(or 320 sq. inches overall)
- There is NO limit on the amount of entries.
- Photographs must be securely FRAMED & WIRED. Only "ready-to-hang"
entries will be accepted. (View Hanging Requirements...)
- An entry fee of $5.00 ($4.00 Members) and a completed Entry Form must
accompany each photograph.
- Checks should be payable to the West Milford Camera Club.
- Previous ribbon winning photographs may not be submitted again.
- No Entries will be accepted on the show date.
- Judges' Decisions are final.
- Entries must be picked up at the conclusion of the show.
One "Best in Show" Photograph will receive a Cash Prize of $50.00.
Also Two Awards of Excellence, $25.00 each
as well as Four Honorable Mention & One Peoples Choice Award.
All photographs MUST be securely framed and wired. Only "ready to hang" entries will be accepted. Standard picture wire is recommended.
Eyelets should be securely screwed in/attached to wooden frames.
The use of eyelets on plastic frames is not recommended, as they will usually pull out of the frame. A spot of hot glue or epoxy may alleviate this.
Please note that any hook or eyelet that pulls out of the frame will dis-qualify the entry and it will not be hung.
The "saw-toothed" hanger (and anything similar) at left will be rejected.
Our pegboard display boards do not allow for this type of hanger. See other examples on the entry form.
Plain, in-expensive metal gallery type frames are available at local retailers like Micheal's or AC Moore.